Enhanced Oral Assessment System
The VELscope®, the latest model release of VELscope technology, uses natural tissue fluorescence to improve the way practitioners examine the oral mucosa and screen for tissue abnormalities by enhancing the visualization of pre-cancers, cancer, and other disease processes.
The World’s #1 Adjunctive Examination Device
Traditional oral mucosal examination tools rely on reflected light to visualize the oral cavity. VELscope uses tissue fluorescence rather than reflectance.
Natural tissue fluorescence is caused by “fluorophores” that, when excited by light of an appropriate wavelength (e.g. blue), will emit their own light at a longer wavelength (e.g. green). The resulting fluorescence may reveal information about cellular, structural, and/or metabolic activity changes that are often directly related to disease processes occurring inside the tissue. The VELscope system is a powerful device for the enhanced visualization of mucosal abnormalities such as oral cancer and premalignant dysplasia. Unlike other adjunctive devices used by dentists, the VELscope system does not require any dyes or prolonged testing procedures. In fact, VELscope examinations can be performed in the dentist’s office during routine hygiene exams (and under normal lighting conditions) in about two minutes.
- Fits in with your work flow and complements your intra and extraoral head and neck examination with minimal set-up and only nominal time added to the overall appointment
- Helps you see things which may be hard to visualize otherwise i.e. offers an imaging modality which is sensitive to tissue changes
- Provides visual information that is bright and easy to observe within the typical lighting conditions in a dental operatory
- Allows for straightforward photo documentation – photography solution is easy to integrate and bright tissue response allows you to easily acquire digital images to be used for patient records or sent to referral partners
- Clinically proven for the enhanced visualization of mucosal abnormalities, and for use by specialists in helping establish lesion margins for surgical excision
- A very important tool in the fight against oral cancer
- Readily accepted by patients and office staff
- Well-supported in terms of after sales support, extensive training material as well as clinical support
- Affordable for any practice
- An attractive source of on-going revenue for dental practitioners
VELscope is also the global market leader in tissue fluorescence visualization; over 25 million VELscope exams have been performed by more than 12,000 dentists in 23 countries.
Indications for Use
VELscope is intended to be used by a dentist or health-care provider as an adjunct to traditional oral examination by incandescent light to enhance the visualization of oral mucosal abnormalities that may not be apparent or visible to the unassisted eye. VELscope is further intended to be used by an oral surgeon to help identify diseased tissue around a clinically apparent lesion and thus aid in determining the appropriate margin for surgical excision.
- VELscope wireless handheld scope (including rechargeable battery)
- Charging Cradle
- External Power Supply Brick
- AC Power Cord
- Patient Safety Glasses
- Quick Reference Guide
- Step-By-Step Examination Guide (tri-fold 8.5″x 11″)
- Multi-language CD
- VELscope Training & Support DVD
Caution: The VELscope System can be operated ONLY with external power brick provided with the system (Item# MENB1060A1200F03).
VELscope System Specifications
- Hand-Piece Dimensions (H x W x D): 8.6″ x 2.4″ x 3.4″ (22 x 6 x 9 cm)
- Charging Cradle Dimensions (H x W x D): 2.5″ x 4″ x 7″ (6 x 10 x 18 cm)
- Hand-Piece Weight: 0.9 lbs (0.41 kg)
- Charging Cradle Weight: 1.7 lb (0.76 kg)
- External Power Brick: MENB1060A1200F03, SL Power
- Input Voltage: 100 – 240 V
- Input Frequency: 50 – 60 Hz
- Amperage: 1.5A Max @ 100VAC Input
- Output: 5A Max @ 12 VDC
- Power Cord: Hospital Grade2
- Duty Cycle: 5 min. ON; 15 min. OFF
- Nominal Output Power (400 – 460nm): ~ 1W
- Illumination Spot Diameter (@ 10 cm working distance): ~ 1.5″ (4 cm)
- Minimum working distance (front face of unit to tissue): ~ 3″ (8 cm)
- Temperature (operating): 60 – 77°F (16 – 30°C)
- Temperature (non-operating): 32 – 122°F (0 – 50°C)
- Relative Humidity (operating): 20% – 80% (non-condensing)
- Relative Humidity (non-operating): 10% – 95% (non-condensing)
- Maximum Altitude (operating): 10,000 ft
- Maximum Altitude (non-operating): 35,000 ft
There are no reviews yet.